DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE
Department of Commerce was established in the year 1979. Department offers Bachelor of Commerce degree,one of the prevalent courses of current academic scenario with 60 seats. The Department was fortunate to start the Post Graduate course in Commerce under the Self-financing stream in 2014, with 20 seats.
Course of studies are handled by eminent faculties with sheer dedication and they also play their role in academia by making regular publications. The course equips the students with academic mastery & realistic experience and there by aspire the students to pursue their career in Accounting, Business, Banking,Insurance, Investment sector, Taxation and thus opens the door for the students to be a great successful professional.
Department extends their high-end services by rendering sessions for NET/JRF aspirants and also have therecord of giving rise to NET/JRF holders. We encourage the students to organise and take part in events such as National seminar, Inter-Collegiate meets, Workshops, Industrial visit, Social outreach activities and try to inculcate academic Orientation, practical exposure, Global outlook, Inter personal relation with the students.
The prominent alumni of the department include Chartered Accountants, Professors, Bank Managers,Insurance and financial service experts and the list goes on.
- B.COM FINANCE
- MCOM FINANCE (Self financing)
CERTIFICATE COURSE/ADD ON COURSE
BANKING AND FINANCIAL SERVICES
|DEPARTMENT OF COMMERCE|
|Ms.Ninikala.K||Assistant Professor & Head||M.Com, M.Phil, Pursuing P.hD|
|Mirabel Josephine Paul||Assistant
|Vidhya Krishna T||Assistant
|No.||Name of the Faculty||Designation|
|3||Smt. K.M. Rosa||Associate Professor||31.3.2007|
|4||Dr. D. R. Prema||Associate Professor||31.3.2012|
|6||Smt. K. R.
- Viewers’ Perception towards Malayalam News Channels in Kerala in Kaav International Journal of Economics, Commerce & Business Management: A Peer Reviewd Quarterly Journal. April 2016, Volume no.3, Issue 2, Article no.16, ISSN: 2348-4969, Impact Factor 6.9071.
- Foreign Direct Investment in the Hotel & Tourism Sector in India in SNES JOMAR: SNES Global Journal of Management studies and Research- Peer Refereed half yearly Research Journal, January, July 2015, Volume 4, Issue 1&2, ISSN 2278-6716
- Kerala Dinesh Beedi Worker’s Central Co-operative Society Ltd.- Financial Analysis of the Diversified units in International Research Journal of Management Sociology & Humanities 2014, Volume No.5 Issue: 8, ISSN 2277-9809 (0) 2348-9359 (P), Impact Factor 0.98.
- A study on Investment Behaviour of Women Employees with special reference to Kozhikode District in CASIRJ, International Research Journal of Commerce, Arts and Science 2014,Volume 5, Issue-3, ISSN 2319-9202, Impact Factor 0.78.
- A Study on Customers Attitude towards online Banking with special reference to Kozhikode District in International Research Journal of Management Sociology & Humanities 2014, Volume 5,Issue: 5 ISSN 2277-9809 (0) 2348-9359 (P), Impact Factor 0.98.
- Customers’ Perception on gold loan: A Comparative study on banking and non banking financial institutions in Global Research Review: Peer Refereed Research Journal. March 2014, Volume 4, no,1, ISSN 2250-2521.
- Kerala Dinesh Beedi Workers Central Cooperative Society Limited- A study on perception of Customers in man-age, DCMS Journal of Management January-December 2012&2013, Vol.7&8, No.1-4,. ISSN 2231-3060.
- Perception of workers in Kerala Dinesh Beedi Workers Central Cooperative Society Limited in Indian Cooperative Review (A quarterly journal of National Cooperative Union of India) January 2013, Vol.50, No.3.
- Rural Women Empowerment through Self help groups in Calicut District”-Lux Montis (ISSN 2321-8053), Refereed Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Volume 4, Page No.188-196.(2016)
- “Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana Scheme”: A Tool for Financial Inclusion”-POSEIDON (ISSN 2319-6238), Referred Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Volume 5. No.1, (2016)
- “Customer Adoption Of Banking Technology With Special Reference To State Bank Of India In Kerala”- Lux Montis (ISSN 2321-8053), Referred Interdisciplinary Research Journal, Volume 4 No.2, Page No.141.(2016)
- “Awareness among Investors Regarding Investment in Mutual Funds”-MIRROR (ISSN-2249-8117), Peer Referred Bi-annual International Research Journal of Commerce, Management and social science, Volume 5 No.2, Page No.80-86.(2015)
- “Job stress among Nurses working at private hospitals with special reference to Calicut District”- Research Scholar(ISSN 2249-6696), Peer Referred Quarterly Inter Disciplinary Research Journal, Volume 5, Page N0.157-160(2015)
- “Actuarial Profession: An overview”-New Numbers and Letters (ISSN 2320-8317), interdisciplinary journal, Volume VI Issue 1, Page No.164-170(2015)
- “FDI- An Outward Perspective with Reference to India as an Emerging Market”- Contemporary Research In India (ISSN 2231-2137), Peer Reviewed Multidisciplinary International Journal, Volume 4, Page N0.37-.(2014).
- “Indian Education still a sick child”- Contemporary Research in India (ISSN 2231-2137), Peer Reviewed Multidisciplinary International Journal, Volume4, Page N0.41. (2014).
- Published a paper in KAAV International Journal of Economics, Commerce and Business management titled “ A Theoretical glimpse on Corporate Social Responsibility” ISSN – 2348-4969 , Vol 4,Issue 2 , Year 2017
- Swathi and Aysha won the first prize in the Business Plan competition held at Tagore Hall as a part of the University Fest on 3rd October 2016.
- On October 15th, 2016, 2 of our students participated in the National level management fest conducted by St Josephs College, Devagiri and won the first prize.
- On 28th October, 4 of our students participated in the National level management fest held at Rajagiri College, Cochin and won the consolation prize.
- On 29th October, 2 of our students participated in the State level management fest held at Holy Cross College, Calicut and won the first prize.
- On 30th November 2016, our students won the BEST Management team title in the Management Fest conducted at FIMS, Feroke.
- Sangeetha G of 3 rd Bcom, Shainu of 2nd Bcom, Neethu and Sruthi of 1st B.com were members of the college handball team which won prizes in different state level and university competitions.
- Alka Shaju of 3rd Bcom was selected for the National integration camp of NCC held at Rajasthan
- AnaghaT, Rakhi Ramesh and Sanumol Elizabeth won the first prize in the Interzone Kaloltsav for Margamkali.
- Anaswara & Riya won the 2nd prize in Interzone Mime.
- Kavya.P, Rakhi.P,Aparna Sharon Robert, Neha, Vrinda and Anjali Ajay won the 2nd prize in Interzone Bandmelam.
- Sandra.A.V won the first prize in Malayalam Drama.
- Abhina Jose won the third prize in Interzone Eastern group music.