General Activities held during
- World Environment Day celebration- June 5.
- Orientation programme for I year Degree students: July 17 by the Apostolic Carmel Resource Team.
- Life guidance Seminar -for the final year students-7 August.
- Resource person: Dr. P. Raman, Retd. Prof., Calicut Medical College.
- Release of the College Magazine “Samanwayam”: August 10 by Sri. V.K. Kumaran, Vice- Chairman, Kerala Sahithya Academy.
- Independence Day celebration – Chief Guest: Col. Gopakumar, Commanding Officer, 9(K) Girls Battalion.
- Onam celebration – August 30, Chief Guest: Sri. P.K. Gopi, Malayalam poet & lyricist.
- Seminar on Teacher as Mentor-16 September, 2006 – Resource person: Mr. A.Balachandran, JC International Trainer.
- District level one day ‘Lahari Virudha Seminar’ organised by NSS unit-18 September inaugurated by Mr. Balram Kumar Upadhyay, City Police Commissioner, Calicut.
- Legal Literacy Seminar- for the II year students-19 September
- Resource team: – Advocates, Calicut Court
- College Union Elections – September 20
- Wild Life Week celebrations- October 3-7
- Union Inauguration- October 9, Chief Guest: Mr. M.P. Veerendrakumar, M.P
- Students’ Day Competitions- October 27, 28
- Blessing of the Mother Veronica Seminar Hall & Conclusion of Mother Veronica Death Centenary Celebration-November 8 – Chief Guest: Rev. Fr. Joseph Kalathiparambil, Bishop .
- Fine arts Day- November 29 Chief Guest: Mr.Narain, Cine Star
- X’mas Programme: December 7 – Message by Rev. Fr. Rajesh Pallikkavayal
- Sports Day: January 9, 2007
- Spic Macay- Manipuri dance Lecture –Demonstration- January 30, Ms. Darshana Jhaveri & troupe.
- Send off to the retiring non teaching staff members -January 30.
- Send off to the outgoing students- January 31.
- College Day: February 20, 2007- Chief Guest: Mr Balram Kumar Upadhyay, IPS, City Police Commissioner, Calicut.
- Science Day Celebration: February 28, 2007
Women’s Day celebration: March 9, 2007- Chief guest: Ms. Sajida Adeep, Director, Centre for Women’s Studies, Osmania Universit
ACTIVITIES OF THE VARIOUS CLUBS
Astro Club and the Dept. of Physics
An Exhibition and Night Sky watch was arranged on 24& 25th of January 2011, in collaboration with Regional Science Centre. The director of RSC, Dr.Ramachandran gave a talk on the “Mysteries of the Universe.”
EDP Club and the Dept. of Commerce
- Conducted an exhibition of hand-made products under the brand name “Venture” on 26th July 2010.
- A logo competition was held in connection with ED club and Chinchu of 2nd B.com secured the 1st place.
- Conducted one day Environment Awareness programme in association with OISCA International South India Chapter & Nethaji Residents’ Association, Vengeri. Mr P.K Nalinakshan, Secretary & Co-ordinator OISCA was the resource person.
- A quiz competition “Biz – Viz” was conducted on 2nd Dec 2010.
- One day International Motivation Campaign was conducted on 4th Dec 2010 in association with MSME, Thrissur.
- Participated in the 5 day exhibition organized by the DT. Industry Centre ,Calicut of Products of Micro ,Small & Medium Enterprises.
- The ED club which is Regd. With the dept. of Industries & Commerce, Govt, of Kerala is selected by the GM, DIC, for the grant to ED Clubs under the People’s Plan Programme of Kozikode Corporation, to start a manufacturing unit.
Energy and Environment Conservation Club (and the Dept’s of Chemistry and Physics)
- Competitions were held in essay writing, versification, cartoon, collage& skit
- An interdepartmental Quiz competition was conducted by the III DC students..
- The department also arranged a talk for students by Sri C.P.Muhammed Kutty on ‘Environment Conservation’.
- The department led the teachers and students of the college in TAKING AN OATH to protect the environment, conserve energy and water and to avoid plastics in every day life
- The students collected and disposed plastic waste from the campus
- Displayed posters outside the college and on the way to Malapparama as part of the Anti-Plastic Campaign.
- Each student distributed pamphlets to her neighboring households to create awareness on Environment protection & Energy and Water conservation.
- Members conducted a survey of the power consumption in the neighboring houses and gave suggestions about reducing it.
Debating Club and the Dept. of English
- Conducted the Annual Debating Competition on the topic ‘Passive Public Promotes Corruption’. Anjali Varma of II BBA bagged the Prof. Radha S. Nair Prize for the Best Debator.
Film Club and the Dept. of English
- Screened movies based on texts prescribed for study
Folklore Club and the Dept. of History
- A photography exhibition was arranged on the cult of theyyam .Over hundred photographs on Theyyam were exhibited by Sri. Sreejith Meloor an exponent in the field .
- Folk performances like thiriyuzhichal and pulluvan pattu were performed in the college by artists in the field, on 14th jan 2011
Nature Club and the Dept. of Botany
- KDNC sponsored Athapookkalam competition was conducted as part of Onam celebrations, and the winners were awarded cash prizes.
Radio Club and the Dept. of English
- Members interviewed eminent personalities for AIR, Calicut.
- Broadcast a ‘Calling the Youth’ Programme.
Readers’ Club abd the Dept. of English
- Celebrated the ‘Reading Week’ by introducing the students of all classes to literary giants like Rabindranath Tagore, Alfred Lord Tennyson, Basho, Shashi Deshpande and Orhan Pamuk.
- Akhila Henry of II BA English reviewed Alice Walker’s feminist novel Possessing the Secret of Joy.
Spandanam, the Literary Club of the Dept. of Malayalam
- In honour of Jnanapeeda Award Winner Sri.O.N.V. Kurup, five students presented papers on the writing of O.N.V. Six students recited poems and dramatic songs.
- Observed Vayanadhinam: Famous writer Sri.Kovur’s Novel ‘Thatakam’ was read and discussed by the students under the direction of the staff.
- Debates and Quiz Competitions were organised.
- Talk cum Demonstration of Mohiniyattom by Ms.Suba, Research Scholar, University of Calicut and Guest Lecturer.
- Kaviyavishkaram: A group of students performed ‘Poothapattu’
- Prepared a magazine ‘Avishkaram’ with the creative writings of the students.
- Folk Song Competition: Five groups of students performed ‘Nadanpattu’
Theatre Club and the Dept. of English
- Guided the students participating in the English Drama competition for the B-Zone Intercollegiate Competitions.
Tourism Club and the Dept. of Commerce
- In association with Bhoomithra Sena conducted a photography exhibition ‘Winged Visitors of Kadalundi’ on 27th July 2010.
- Released ‘Kozhikode –The Land of culture and history’, a publication revealing the rich heritage and attractive tourist spots of Calicut.
- An essay competition was held on the topic “Tourism and Biodiversity” on 17th Sep 2010.
- A project on “Unidentified Tourism Destination” was submitted to the DTPC by the Tourism Club on 9th Nov 2010. For the purpose of project preparation the Tourism Club arranged a short trip to Krishnankkadavu & Cheruvattakkadavu